Fastest Known Times
Fastest Known Time (FKT)
Fastest Known Time (FKT)
Our Routes - What are they, who ran and how fast?
Guidelines/FAQAdopted from Fastest Known Time and bent for BCR use
- What is a BCR FKT?
- BCR FKT is an archive of fastest known times for various routes, both on trail and road. We recognize everyone isn't on Strava chasing and creating segments.
- Who can Submit route and time?
- Bold Coast Runners in good membership standing. ie, paid annual dues and submitted waiver to club secretary.
- How to establish a FKT?
- Announce your intentions via Google Groups (email@example.com), invite folks if you'd like, and submit FKT here!
- I didn't set a new FKT or complete the route, can I still submit my attempt?
- anyone who completes a route as announced and intended can submit their FKT. If you did not complete the course as intended do not make a submission via the form. Tell us about it though!
- How are BCR FKT's displayed?
- Bold Coast Runners will create a document for each route - listing route details, runner details and times listed in chronological order with newest first.
- What about other activities like cycling, skiing, climbing, or swimming?
- We love these activities, too, but we're currently focusing our efforts only on running and hiking
- How should I record my time?
- The time includes elapsed time from start to finish of the prescribed route, including all non-moving time. FKTs always count “elapsed time,” never “moving time”. Don't stop that watch and do turn on auto-pause.
- How are times verified
- BCR works on the honor system. Cheaters aren't welcome. Please submit course map via Strava, mapmyrun, Garmin Connect, google pedometer, or other mapping means.
- What makes a route worthy of inclusion?
- Ideally, the route has some interest & integrity, be it aesthetic, historical, or otherwise. For the purposes of BCR route must be unique, and repeatable by others at any time of the year.
- Use of past run or hikes
- Any run/hike as of July 1st, 2019 to present can be submitted. Historical run/hikes will be considered on a route by route basis.
- Route Variations
- Direction - Certain routes will be considered for separate variation ie. clockwise and counterclockwise
- Laps - Skies the limit, include lap times in the nitty-gritty submission
- Season -Summer is very different then the winter - include it in the nitty-gritty submission
- Learn More about FKT - included as found in no particular order