Bold Coast Runners
Downeast Maine and the Maritimes
Who we are: a welcoming, encouraging and supportive group of crazy people who run the roads and trails of way Downeast Maine, the Canadian Borderlands, and beyond. We welcome everyone, from beginners to old-timers and from tortoises to hares. We run distances ranging from 1 mile to 50 miles and on anything from smooth tar to rugged single track. If it's hot: we run, if it rains: we run, if it's snowy: we run in snowshoes, if icy: in spikes. We just run, mostly for fun, but some of us are also competitive!
Club Runs: most Sunday's at 7:00am somewhere in coastal Washington County or just over the border in Hancock County or Charlotte County, Canada (location and time set by group leader).
Other Runs: if you're running and want to invite others to join you members can send out a group message with time, date, place & details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Next Club Run:
Sunday 12 January: tbd
Sunday 19 January: tbd
Sunday 26 January: tbd
Sunday 2 February: Machias - before the AGM - see below.
Upcoming Club Events:
Annual General Meeting - Sunday 2 February: 8:30am - 10:00am Bluebird Restaurant, Machias. All welcome.
1. Chairmans Report
2. Treasurer's Report
3. Membership and activities going forward
4. Appointment of Officers
5. Any other Business
If you are having breakfast, please aim to be there by 8:00am (there is a buffet) so we can focus on business starting at 8:30.
We'll preceed it with a group run on the Sunrise Trail / Machias River Trails - details coming later
As both beginners and long-timers we enjoy non-competitive weekly group activities hosted by individual members, as well as engaging in friendly competition and organizing and participating in local events, or travelling together to more distant events. We:
- promote participation in active, human-powered, endurance-based outdoor sports, particularly running;
- encourage, support and challenge each other as athletes and would be athletes of all ages and abilities;
- organize weekly group training sessions;
- promote and support existing races and events;
- organize, and promote participation in, our own local events;
- obtain discounted entry to some races for our members.