Bold Coast Runners
Downeast Maine and the Maritimes
Who we are: a welcoming, encouraging and supportive group of crazy people who run the roads and trails of way Downeast Maine, the Canadian Borderlands, and beyond. We welcome everyone, from beginners to old-timers and from tortoises to hares. We run distances ranging from 1 mile to 50 miles and on anything from smooth tar to rugged single track. If it's hot: we run, if it rains: we run, if it's snowy: we run in snowshoes, if icy: in spikes. We just run, mostly for fun, but some of us are also competitive!
Club Runs: most Sunday's at 7:00am somewhere in coastal Washington County or just over the border in Hancock County or Charlotte County, Canada (location and time set by group leader).
Other Runs: if you're running and want to invite others to join you members can send out a group message with time, date, place & details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Next Club Run: TBA - step up and organize one!
Upcoming Club Events:
29 February - Olympic Marathon Trials viewing party! Come Run at 10:30am, Brunch starting at 11:30am and Olympic Trials starting at 12pm on Saturday. Over 700 fast athletes will compete for top 3 positions. Lets cheer on BCR favorite Sarah Mulcahy.
As both beginners and long-timers we enjoy non-competitive weekly group activities hosted by individual members, as well as engaging in friendly competition and organizing and participating in local events, or travelling together to more distant events. We:
- promote participation in active, human-powered, endurance-based outdoor sports, particularly running;
- encourage, support and challenge each other as athletes and would be athletes of all ages and abilities;
- organize weekly group training sessions;
- promote and support existing races and events;
- organize, and promote participation in, our own local events;
- obtain discounted entry to some races for our members.